What Do You Need to Do Before the Template is Made?
Before there can be any template made, there are a few things you will need to do. You must make sure that all cabinets are installed and that all appliances are on-site. Without these two factors in place, you will not be able to make an accurate template. After you have completed these two steps, you can schedule templating.
How is Templating Done?
Once you have completed the prerequisites for templating and scheduled your appointment, a our technician will arrive to take the measurements. To measure, a high-intensity laser is pointed at the surface. This laser sends information to a computer, which records various points to create accurate dimensions. The technician will add in additional pertinent details, such as any overhangs, backsplashes, specialty cuts, cutouts for sinks and faucets or seams that need to be factored into the project. After this, the measurements are double-checked to make sure they are completely accurate. If the measurements are even a fraction of an inch off, it can drastically impact the project. Once the measurements are verified and saved, the computerized system sends them wirelessly to the fabrication facility. At the facility, the template is laid out on the stone’s surface. Following this, the stone can be cut using fabrication machinery.
- Final pricing will be based on actual field measurements and conditions.
- Undermount sinks, faucets, and cooktops must be onsite during templating. It is the CUSTOMER’S responsibility to make sure that the sink and cooktop fit into the base cabinet. (for example: 42” sinks selected will not fit in 30” sink base)
- Existing countertops should be cleared of items which may interfere with the measuring process.
- Granite, Marble, Quartz & Natural Stone are high end countertops selections with certain colors & slabs costing thousands of dollars. For this reason, installed countertop pricing may vary based on material yield and number of slabs required.
- AMF cannot and will not be responsible for slab overages based on having to cut extra slabs to complete installation. Confirm all pricing after template and slab selection / layout.
- The appointment to template is the last chance to make changes to the original order. Changes later must be made in writing emailed to the Project Managers. They can be reached at 847-928- 2209 or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes may delay the installation.
- Cabinets must be fully installed including all finished panels before templates can be made. Some cabinets are installed with finished panels on the ends and some are not. No panels may be added after templates have been made. Upper cabinets must be installed if the job requires a full height backsplash.